Weekly Conference Schedule
Morbidity and Mortality Conference
- A monthly interactive case-based conference focused on patient safety, quality improvement and education for all Department of Medicine residents and faculty.
- A bi-weekly evidence-based presentation by a senior resident on a topic of his or her choice featuring board relevant clinical topics.
- A case-based conference centered on critical thinking and clinical judgment facilitated by residents. Morning report is held every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- A case-based conference for interns centered on critical thinking and clinical judgment facilitated by a faculty member.
General Internal Medicine Series
- An interactive discussion of landmark articles with a focus on interpretation and change of practice to develop lifelong learning in medicine for senior residents.
Primary Care Didactics
- A dedicated month of learning for primary care residents including a wide array of topics such as medical leadership, motivational interviewing, clinical teaching and quality improvement.
- Weekly update lectures from local medical experts designed to provide continuing medical education.
- Daily didactic lectures for residents and interns by faculty and specialists on board relevant topics.
- Monthly jeopardy game-style conference stimulating competitive learning in a fun environment for interns, resident and faculty.
- Monthly presentation and discussion of new and controversial articles led by residents in a stimulating environment with good food and faculty.